SEC Quick Hits
- Auburn’s three losses this season have come against teams currently ranked in the AP top 10.
- Kentucky will wear black uniforms Saturday for the first time in program history as part of its “Blackout” game.
- Tennessee is the only team in the nation with three freshmen (true or redshirt) among its top six tacklers; additionally, the Vols are the only team in the nation with two true freshmen among its top four tackle leaders. True freshman LB A.J. Johnson is tied for the team lead with 45 tackles, while true freshman LB Curt Maggitt is fourth with 34 tackles. True freshman FS Brian Randolph is sixth with 25.
- South Carolina junior WR Alshon Jeffery has 2,731 career receiving yards; he needs 50 yards to tie Kenny McKinley (2,781) as the school’s career leader in receiving yards. Jeffery also needs three touchdown catches to tie Sidney Rice as the school’s leader in touchdown receptions at 23.
- Florida senior QB John Brantley is 12-6 as a starter in his career. He has thrown 12 TD passes in the wins and just one TD pass in the losses; that lone TD pass came on the first play from scrimmage in this season’s loss to Alabama.
- Georgia has won five in a row, its longest winning streak since 2007. The Bulldogs have held their opponents to just five offensive touchdowns during the streak. This week’s opponent is Florida, which has scored at least 30 points in each of its past four games against Georgia.
- Ole Miss defensive line coach Terry Price held the same position at Auburn from 1999-2008. … Auburn P Steven Clark leads the SEC and is second in the nation with 25 punts downed inside the 20-yard line this season.
- South Carolina has allowed the game’s first points in all seven contests this season and in 10 consecutive games dating to last season. The Gamecocks are 7-3 in those games.
- Tennessee is plying a top-15 opponent for the third consecutive week, the first time Tennessee has done so since 1991. The Vols have lost to LSU and Alabama in their past two games.
- Georgia is the only team in the league to score first in all of its games this season.
- This week’s game will mark the fourth in a row for Florida against a team ranked in the AP top 25 poll. The last time Florida faced four ranked teams in consecutive regular-season games was in 1971.
- Georgia will be without two suspended starters for the first half against Florida. NT Kwame Geathers and SS Shawn Williams were suspended for their actions in a game against Vanderbilt on Oct. 15.
- Vandy C Logan Stewart was suspended for the first half of the Commodores’ game against Army last week.
This entry was posted in SEC News
and tagged Alabama
, Arkansas Razorbacks
, Auburn Tigers
, Georgia Bulldogs
, Kentucky Wildcats
, LSU football
, Mississippi State
, Ole Miss
, South Carolina
, Tennessee Volunteers
. Bookmark the permalink