Many Tiger fans dread this time of year as players opt early for the NFL. It shouldn’t be a sad day for many of these kids will be realizing a life long dream. Continue reading
- In Focus: Powerful Chinea Provides Veteran PresenceAs a native of Miami, Fla., LSU junior first baseman/catcher Chris Chinea initially thought during his recruitment that he would sign with the Miami Hurricanes. He was committed to "The U" for most of his high school career, but even though he was prepared to enroll at his hometown university, Chinea was always aware of […]
- Fraley Drives in Winner to Beat SLU, 9-8BATON ROUGE, La. – LSU (7-1) earned a hard-fought victory Thursday night against Southeastern Louisiana (5-4) as a two-run RBI triple by Jake Fraley in the bottom of the eighth inning provided the winning runs in Alex Box Stadium, Skip Bertman Field.
- Lady Tigers Edged at Ole Miss, 58-57OXFORD, Miss. – The LSU women's basketball team overcame a 13-point first half deficit and took a lead inside the final minute before Ole Miss edged the Lady Tigers 58-57 on Thursday evening at Tad Smith Coliseum.
- Basketball Preps for Rematch with Ole MissBATON ROUGE – Coming off an impressive seventh road victory of the season Tuesday night at Auburn, the LSU men's basketball team returns to the friendly confines of the Pete Maravich Assembly Center for a Saturday 1 p.m. second meeting with the Ole Miss Rebels.
- Men's Tennis Opens SEC Play Against TennesseeBATON ROUGE, La. -- After defeating in-state rival Tulane and wrapping up non-conference play last weekend, the No. 31 LSU men's tennis team (9-1) will get a taste of Southeastern Conference competition when No. 56 Tennessee (8-4) and Kentucky (6-6) travel to Baton Rouge.
- In Focus: Powerful Chinea Provides Veteran Presence